We are all living in an extraordinary time. To maintain quality education options online as well as in person this time period demands extensive adjustments. New technology and materials along with extensive measures for a completely safe environment are absolutely mandatory. St. Bede School meets the many challenges directly with your support in order to maintain a meaningful learning experience for our children, families, faculty and staff.
And, as always, parents recognize the importance of a strong faith based education to prepare children for success in college and in life. Nonetheless, there is no question that the cost of a Catholic education is a sacrifice for many families. Catholic schools are self-supported and not recipients of tax dollars or federal funding as public schools are. St. Bede charges tuition to cover 70% of the operating expenses of the school. The remaining expenses are covered through a parish subsidy (up to 20%), fundraising, bequests and donations (10%). At St. Bede, we are proud to offer opportunities to make Catholic education possible for many children. We strive to see that no talented and motivated student is denied the opportunities afforded by a St. Bede education simply because the cost of that education may be a challenge for the student’s family.
At this time we appreciate your submitting donations by;
- Utilizing our electronic on-line system (Online School Payments or OSP) by selecting the "Support St. Bede School" option tab below (to assist with navigating this new tool a Parent Quick Start Guide is available upon request - email email@example.com),
- Directly submitting donations to the school office,
- Mailing donations to St. Bede School at 6920 Edgerton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15208,
- Or placing general stationary envelopes in the church collection baskets with “St. Bede School” addressed on the envelope.
If donating via check please document the area or fund for which your donation is to be applied on the check memo line or within the envelope from the following:
- St. Bede School
- St. Bede School Angel Fund - We strive to see that no talented and motivated student is denied the opportunities afforded by a St. Bede education simply because the cost of that education may be a challenge for the student’s family. We appreciate all of those who support these efforts through generous donations to the St. Bede School Angel Fund.
- STREAM/Technology Fund - A fund to maintain and grow the advanced techonogy throghout our school as welll as the materials needed to support the STREAM curriculum.
- St. Bede School Accommodations (COVID) - To offset the many extraordinary and ongoing expenses demanded in order to provide a safe, healthy and "new normal" environment and learning experience on campus as well as off-site for all students, families, faculty and staff.
- St. Bede Catholic School Day of Giving - A general fund in honor of the national effort to support the Catholic education.
- St. Bede School/Other - Please notate on memo line.
We deeply appreciate the generous support of all who donate to St. Bede School directly or to any of the specific funds.
From the entire St. Bede School family - students, faculty and staff - most sincerely, THANK YOU!