Our preschool program promotes spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of the young children in our care. The curriculum creates a play-based and hands-on learning environment in which children can learn about their individual talents, develop social skills, enjoy their peer environment, and grow into independent and enthusiastic learners.
We offer three year old and four year old preschool. Our three year old program is on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am-11:00am. We have four options for the four year old program.
The following are the four year old option:
- Three half days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8:00am-11:00pm
- Three full days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8:00am-2:30pm
- Five half days: Monday-Friday – 8:00am-11:00pm
- Five full days: Monday-Friday – 8:00am-2:30pm
Children in the program engage in number and letter work, directed and free form art programs, free play, handwriting practice, play-based learning with open creation stations that include dress up and role playing, small motor skill development, building and “making”, and hands on tactile and creative exploration.
The St. Bede Preschool strives to:
- Provide preparation for kindergarten in a loving, caring Catholic environment
- Encourage the child to grow in an awareness of self and others through the love of God
- Develop age appropriate patterns of dependence and independence
- Grow in social and emotional skills, including appropriate expression of emotion, ability to manage aggression and stress, and focused participation in activities
- Increase language skills in both listening and communicating
- Develop perceptual and motor skills by practicing many kinds of hands-on and interactive materials for fine motor and large motor development
- Assist with hygiene and self-help skills such as caring for all personal needs in a classroom environment
- Help children to identify with themselves as cooperative members of a group, as well as learn to appreciate their unique, God-given talents as individuals
- Enhance creative skills and enjoyment through experiences with art materials, music, building, and play